Friday, October 01, 2010

Paci blanket,take 2!

When Sean was a baby I got tired really quickly of searching for his pacifier for him, especially in the middle of the night when he'd wake up crying for it. So I took 4 pacis and sewed them to the corners of his favorite blanket. He loved that thing. Carried it around everywhere. When it needed washing I'd just throw the whole kit and kaboodle into the laundry. Sometimes I'd hang it to dry, other times it'd go through the dryer and I'd just wipe the lint off the pacifiers.
For some reason, I've had more tenacity for searching for Nick's pacis through the night and day. But now, through loss or destruction, he is down to THREE pacis. And the kind he likes we can only buy in the states. So I took those last three soldiers and made Nick his own paci blanket. He did spend a good amount of time trying to pull the pacis free, but now he's made peace with it and has accepted that it's now a package deal.

3 comments:

Pat and Lee said...

Oh, my, this brings back lots of memories! : )

And makes finding the paci SO much easier!

LOve you!

Nathan said...

This is one of the single most ingenious inventions of your career mom, I think that he looks exactly like Sean even more then before because of the new paci blanket.

Haley said...

YOU ARE A GENIOUS!!!! And by the way those pics are really cute!