Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Meningococcus

Yep. He has it. Absolutely unbelievable!

I've been on the phone with the Public Health Department to give them dates, times, places, etc. Everyone in our family has to go in to the public health unit to get oral anitbiotics just to be on the safe side. Also Waneta. And also Nathan, as they were both here during his incubation period. Nathan will have to get some antibiotics from his medical office in Virginia.

Our public health nurse friend, Leslie, said she bets that I picked up the bacteria from my hospital stay and then passed it on to little Nicholas. That's a very likely scenario, as I can't imagine where else we'd pick it up.

More later...

4 comments:

Val said...

Thankfully your doctor was aggressive with treatment right away as soon as it was suspected.....

Ck said...

how scary! I hope everyone is ok!

Unknown said...

Praying for everyone especially Nick!

Lucille said...

hey I know Leslie ! she is great ! lol
that was my lame "joke comment" for today !
i hope you're all well now !