Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Recuperating

I'm in a strange mode here...definitely not 100%, but trying to do much each day to make sure that when no help is here (Waneta leaves tomorrow) I'll be ahead of the game. To that end, we've put meals in the freezer, rotated out summer/winter wardrobes, and cleaned and organized. So I'm preparing to recuperate, but right now I'm still probably working more than the doctor would like. I've been taking my pain meds only at bedtime...I think that is a good sign! So I am recovering...

Yesterday Waneta and I dropped Patience off at preschool and then took Jordyn and Nick to Canadian SuperStore. Yes, that's how insane I am. Waneta bought the girls summer jammies (hot weather is finally here to stay!), new undies for Patience, shoes for the girls and Sean, as well as some groceries so we are well-stocked! It was a productive trip, but we did pay the price for it by Nick refusing to sit in the cart...he had to be carried, by me. Then, for some reason that I still don't know, he cried or fussed non-stop until bedtime. Why? Well, who knows? Any number of reasons, really. It's been really hot here. My milk supply has diminished to nothing, but it's slowly coming back and that has really irked him. It could be teething. It could be some other malady. If only babies could talk...

Last night Waneta made wonderful French-dip sandwiches for us.

Today our plans are to drop the girls off at school and then take Nick to Langley. There are just a few things we need to pick up and we figure that's the easiest way to do it. We'll pick up a u-bake pizza at Costco for dinner tonight.

Last night Don set up the pool! The girls (and I) are so excited...it's going to make this heat wave so much more bearable. Of course right now the water is too cold to actually get in, but you could cool yourself off considerably by just putting your feet in!

More later....

4 comments:

****** said...

Get back on the couch where you belong you naughty defiant little girl! Or I'll have to come up there.

Cathi said...

: )
Just let me know when to expect you!
Hugs,
Cathi

Pam said...

I was wondering how your recup. was going. Sounds like you are definitely doing too much! I know how it is though!

John and Betty said...

You are too busy slow down and rest girl! I enjoy reading about your family and all their adventures.
Take care, Betty