Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The mystery flowers...

I woke up this morning to find these on my kitchen table! They weren't there last night when I went to bed. Of course curiosity was killing me, so I went in and asked Don (quietly, not wanting to wake up Nick) where the flowers came from. He didn't know! So I went and asked Dylan and Sean.

It turns out that Tom Bennett brought them over last night for me! He came around 10 (obviously doesn't know my bedtime is 8) and Sean answered the door. Aren't they gorgeous? Sean says they were to say "thank you." But if anything I should be saying thank you to Tom Bennett! He gave up 6 days of work (i.e. pay) to drive across the US with Nathan. Because he was there, Nathan had a great time, and I didn't have a single moment of worry.

Tom is such a great guy. I wish he could someday be my son-in-law, but since he's 15 years older than Patience I might as well get that thought right out of my head. But he is wonderful.
Thank you, Tom!

1 comment:

Pat and Lee said...

How sweet of him! He's a very thoughtful guy!