Monday, June 08, 2009

Update from the weekend...

I spoke with a very exuberant Nathan last night. He had just gone through the BM orientation for A school and he loved his instructor. She's female, has a great sense of humor, knows her stuff inside and out, and also has a sailor's mouth (that wasn't necessarily a good thing, but it's a very common trait in the CG). She's about 40, and she told the group that her #1 goal was for every one of them to pass. This was music to Nathan's ears, because that's his #1 goal, too! He likes the training center...it's quite large and has its own Subway : ) And he's decided against getting internet in his room. It's $20 for 15 days, and he's trying to keep a spartan budget during A school so he can pay back the money he borrowed to buy, and then repair, his truck. And he thought it would be a distraction from studying. So, it was probably a good decision. He can order it later on if he feels like he's doing well enough with his course.

Sean had his Annual Ceremonial Review this weekend and got two awards! Best Dressed Cadet and the Seamanship Award. We're very proud of him and are so thankful that he is involved in this organization. I can't imagine how he would fill his free time if he didn't have cadets. Oh, and he and Sam Shaw are an item again. They'll both be at Quadra for 6 weeks this summer, so I'm sure it'll be a summer to remember. She's in the sailing trade group, while Sean is in gunnery, so they won't be spending time together on a daily basis. Maybe just mealtimes....

Dylan is winding up grade 11 and now focusing more on his future. He's looking at scholarships, job possibilities, and maybe even attending this school. It's totally out there for Dylan, but there are aspects that make it a good choice. He takes his driver test in one week. I'm so so so hoping he comes home with his N that day.

The girls are doing great! I would even say that Miss Jordyn has graduated from being naughty. I can now not panic when I don't see her or hear her. She and Patience are playing really well together inside and outside...I think they're both going to have a good summer. They've both gotten hooked on a preschool gaming website: PBSkids.org and Patience inparticular can spend an hour or more playing there. They've both really enjoyed the time they get to spend with Waneta in the past two weeks.

Nick has graduated to being naughty. He crawls everywhere, would rather play with something he's not supposed to have than his gazillion toys, cries and screams when he doesn't have what he wants, and is not easily distracted. On the other hand, he's cute as a button, and will sit on the floor and lift his arms up to me so I'll pick him up...it's heart melting.

I'm still recovering nicely, I think. I get to go visit Dr. Dornan tomorrow and I'll get his opinion on my recovery. Hopefully I won't get yelled at : )

Don is working hard at the farm and his little office. Oh, for some reason he has gotten a bee in his bonnet about getting his office organized and tidy, and has been working a little bit each day decluttering, etc. His "lab" is now much more finished, with real lighting and flooring! He went and bought baskets to keep his components and cables organized and it looks great! I'm sure it's a much easier environment to work in, too.

Waneta is coming today, and will spend the night and take me to my doctor appointment tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get cleared to drive and she'll be able to go back to Merritt tomorrow evening. I can't imagine what we would have done without her these past two weeks.

Okay, I'm off to go do my thing!

3 comments:

Pat and Lee said...

Yay!! I talked to Nathan last night - he sounds great and "ready for whatever they throw at me"!

I'm so glad that the trip went well! Nice truck - had all it's issues BEFORE they left!!

Love you!

****** said...

Wow, Thanks for the great wrap up and update!! Can't wait to see you all.

Lucille said...

i am happy that everybody is doing good .
i sent you an e-mail ^_^...

Hugh !!!!
i hope to see you soon!!!