Thursday, July 02, 2009

Adorable children and good news...

Patience being beautiful.



Jordyn being beautiful too.
Nick doing baby tricks.


Another shot of Nick at Minter Gardens. Notice he's holding his leg up so it doesn't touch the grass : )

Today Don was scheduled to be onsite all day in Richmond. On his way there, he got a call from the client saying, "Don't come in! All of the pieces of the server haven't arrived yet!" Thankfully, he wasn't too far down the road when that call came in...
When he came right home I quickly took advantage of the unused space in his schedule and suggested that he take the kids' passport applications into the passport office. When you take them in person, the turn-around time is only 2 weeks or so, as opposed to 4 weeks by snail mail. Don just returned from the office...it took about 2 hours, but some of that was travel time and he took work to do while he waited.
So....it looks like our trip to California in August is a big GO! My lovely, wonderful mother is flying up to Seattle. I will pick her up in a van full of Littles and we will travel south to California. One thing is for certain: having my mom with me will basically guarantee that I won't drive through the night, as I have been known to do (it's genetic...I get it from my paternal grandmother).
We are planning on spending a couple of days in Moss Beach with Mom and Lee, then over to Frank and Heather's in Modesto for a few more days. We'll definitely see my Dad and Edith on either the way to or from Modesto, whichever works out better for them. And then, we'll head back to the coast for some more days before driving north. Again, my mom is driving with me! We'll drop her off at the Seattle airport and she can fly home while we cross the border. It's so wonderful to have a mom who is retired and has flight benefits!
I'm not sure how long our trip will actually last...it largely depends on how the kids do and how the people who we're visiting do : ) So it might be a week, 10 days, or 2 weeks! The nice thing is that mom can be flexible on her dates because she's pass riding. I do want to be home by the time the boys get home from their summer adventures...

1 comment:

Pat and Lee said...

Great pics! Beautiful children!!

We're looking forward to seeing you in just a few short weeks. Good news about the passport photos, too. Maybe there will be a birthday BBQ on the 19th, after all?
I'm looking forward to your CA trip, too! It will be FUN!

Love you!