Thursday, July 02, 2009

Friends

Here is Heather, my friend since the 8th grade! We just realized while she and Frank were up here that we've known each other for 30 years! That's a long time. Especially since we're both so young!

The nice thing about being Heather's friend is that she is an easy keeper : ) We can go months without talking...you know how life can be when you're juggling 5 or 6 kids, but then we can pick up right where we left off. We have so much in common...important things like our faith and our sense of humor and just how much dessert constitutes a "portion." We lead parallel lives in so many ways. We both have sons who are the same age and are so alike that I'm pretty sure they were identical twins separated at birth. We laugh and cry over the joys and pains of parenting.

I just love her!

Heather is the type of friend who will say, "I'd love to put up a dozen quarts of cherries! I can't think of anything I'd rather do on my vacation!"


Here she is snuggling my girls Monday morning. As you can see, they feel right at home with her!


Another benefit: she comes with this great guy who patiently teaches (again and again) us how to play this great domino game, who tolerates all of our children to the point that they climb all over him (well, not Dylan and Sean), and has a great sense of humor and an easy personality.

2 comments:

****** said...

AAAWWWW. Thanks friend. That was so sweet. I treasure our friendship. I can't wait to see you in August. Every time I crawl into bed, I start to plan for our wonderful days.

Pat and Lee said...

What a great post! Friends are truly treasures, and it's so wonderful that you have each other.