Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Life is a bowl of cherries

We have the crop of a lifetime on the two cherry trees outside. In 9 years I've never seen them both so laden. While Frank and Heather were here the boys picked quite a few and Heather and I made several quarts of ice cream sauce, but by today there were even more cherries that were ripe and ready to be picked so we set up the cherry assembly line once again.
Don and the boys picked thousands of cherries. The boys both pitted using my very handy cherry stoner. And then I canned, for the first time in years, 14 quarts of cherries. And there are still more to pick!

Just part of the cherries that the guys picked, all washed and ready for the pitter.

Sean takes the first shift...

Then Dylan takes a turn...

Half of our bounty (all sealed!) for the winter...

1 comment:

Pat and Lee said...

Amazing! Save some for us - I love cherries!!