Friday, July 10, 2009

Au Revoir Dylan!

Here is a sleepy Dylan ready to head out to the airport at 5:30ish this morning! Photo compliments of Don; Cathi was "babysitting" Nick in our bed at that time : )

He should be all set: one bag containing Lucille's overflow stuff and gifts he's bringing for his hosts; one bag containing just his clothes/shoes/toiletries so he doesn't have to open the first bag at all while he spends his first week in Paris; and one backpack filled with munchies, important papers, and a laptop that Don graciously stayed up late last night readying for Dylan.

And he changed the name of his blog: Jeopardy in French. Let's hope there is no jeopardy during this trip! I've prayed for his safety, for smooth travels today, and for this to be a milestone summer in Dylan's journey to adulthood...that's all I can do...I'm leaving him in God's hands!

Au revior, my son! Blessings to you. Have a fantastic trip. Be good. I love you.

4 comments:

Pat and Lee said...

Safe travels, Dylan! May all your flights be uneventful, and hope that this summer is all you want it to be.
Love,
Grandma

Val said...

Is he weraing two different shoes? I know it was early, but he does look pretty excited.....

Cathi said...

Well, apparently ALL the cool kids wear different shoe laces in each shoe. You didn't know that? Maybe it's a Canada thing...

Val said...

Oh, I did not know that-clearly I am not in the "cool" loop!