Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Banking Day...

We spent most of the work-day hours today getting Nathan a bank account at the Coast Guard credit union...by fax, of course. And getting him an ATM card that will work in the states. Yes, we've put this step off too long, and were really up against the wall here. His recruiter even said that if he got audited today, Nathan would be "cancelled" due to lack of a payroll deposit form.
The good news is that as of 3:00 or so today, he is all set. Phew. I asked Nathan what he was going to do when he didn't have a secretary to make endless phone calls, fill out forms, etc. and he assured me he was looking to replace me as soon as he gets out of boot camp. I guess when he interviews for the girlfriend position he'll have organization, phone, and penmanship skills as a very high priority.

Right now Don, Nathan, and Peter are at the movies watching the new Star Wars movie. The animated one.

Tomorrow we have a few appointments and then Don has some suprise up his sleeve. He said that Nathan and I have to be ready to go at 3:30 and that I shouldn't worry about anything (childcare, dinner, etc.). I do know that we'll be heading south of the border...Don told me that when we were trying to figure out our banking options. I'll post a.s.a.p. so none of you die of curiosity.

Don and Dylan worked on the trees today, but Don continues to be discouraged by the amount of work still to be done at Radnai's. Unfortunately, his work force is about to be otherwise occupied.

Sean had school today for a few hours. His new school has all of the Grade 8's come on the first day for a barbeque and an assembly. Then tomorrow will hopefully be not so scary for the new kids. One funny thing is that Sean's Grade 7 teacher, Mrs. Cuthbert, is now teaching at the secondary school, and Sean has her for both homeroom and math. Ha! He won't get away with anything!

Tonight is cadets' first parade night is tonight. Sean is very excited because he is now one rank higher than he has been for 1.5 years and he gets to take new training classes, etc.

A busy Tuesday, now that I write it all down! No wonder we just had pancakes for dinner!

By the way, I asked Nathan what he wanted for his last dinner at home on Thursday night and he requested lasagna. Lucky for me, I have several frozen ones left over from his party. You know, the one with lots of food and guests who had already just eaten? But Nathan was happy to have frozen, commercial lasagna as opposed to a fresh, homemade one. That's my low-maintenace boy!

No comments: