Thursday, September 11, 2008

Preschool Day #2...

...was better! Jordyn was again very reticent and wanted me to pick her up and hold her when we got there, but I just held her hand and dragged lead her inside. I helped her hang up her backpack and wash her hands, and then I sat her down at one of the tables that had toys all over it. I kissed her goodbye and then left. I looked at her through the window and saw her playing with the toy. Patience had come over and was playing with her, too.

When I got there to pick them up I looked through the window again and I saw her sitting on the circle carpet with the other kids. Yeah!

One of her teachers, Mrs. Tracy, said that Jordyn was fine all day long although she was pretty much glued to her the entire time. Even when Mrs. Tracy had to leave the room, Jordyn went with her. But Mrs. Tracy was okay with this, and thinks Jordyn will grow out of it, so we're going to consider it progress!

The girls got ice cream with sprinkles when they got home to celebrate Jordyn's progress.

4 comments:

Pat and Lee said...

Yay! That's great news, and great progress for Jordyn! In a couple of weeks she'll be saying "bye, Mom", and tearing into preschool!

It must have felt really good to hear that report! I hope that you took advantage of your alone time to put your feet up?

Love you!

Ck said...

yay Jordyn!!! I'm sure this is such a relief to you Cathi.

Anonymous said...

Great news!

****** said...

congratulations. thanks for the big chat yesterday, I really needed it and referred to it several times to Frank at our first dinner out last night. I am so thankful that the Lord has given me great friends like you. Cherish you all!
Heather