Monday, September 18, 2006

Happy Monday!


I must apologize for not updating all weekend! I even refused to answer my mom's and sister's questions of "how was the fair?" I said, "You can read all about it in my blog." Okay, here's the skinny:

Sean, Jordyn, and I packed up the wee car at 7:30 on Saturday a.m. and headed out to Agassiz, about an hour's drive. We did have to stop to feed the car.

Sean showed Frodo in showmanship, and received a blue ribbon. And then again in Project, and received another blue ribbon. Blue ribbons are very important at this fair, because they pay the kids real cash at the end of the day based on their blue, red, and white ribbons. Sean walked away Saturday night with $24...$14 for his two first-place ribbons, and $10 for his educational display. He told me that he does, in fact, want to keep Frodo and continue showing him. Which is fine with me, but I wish he'd just make up his mind! He's been talking about finding a new home for Frodo this entire year.

Friday evening and all day Saturday, Dylan was at the volleyball tournament. Friday evening when he came home he felt fairly confident that he would make the team. But after Saturday's games he is now fairly confident that he will get cut! So, now we can only wait for the press release to be posted at school this morning.

Nathan works for food! Yesterday evening, right before the berry farm closed, Nathan went over to pick up his last paycheck. His boss told him that if he would help them close up for the last 20 minutes or so he could take home everything that was left over in their concession stand! Bonus! So he brought home 1/2 an apple pie and 1/2 a corn pizza to go with dinner. The farm is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays now, so it sounds like Sunday night is a great time to wander over there...

Yesterday I spent the day finishing The Life of Pi inbetween loads of laundry and other household chores. It is good! Yann Martel is an excellent writer, and the plot is interesting and exciting. I'm going to return the book today (Sean did want to read it, but I think some of the parts would upset him) and pick up my next read: Being Dead Is No Excuse.

More good news! I have another blast from the past to report: Jeni Marr, our friend and neighbor from our Bellingham stint in life emailed me and told me an update on her and her family, and told me she's been reading our blog. She and her husband are similar to us in that they had two sets of kids with a big gap in between!

No comments: