Sunday, September 03, 2006

My Baby Nephew...

I remember it like it was yesterday. My mom called me at my college apartment to tell me my sister, Val, had her baby during the night. It was a boy (I was somewhat disappointed in the gender, but Val made it up to me by having three girls later). His name was Cody, and was he ever cute! I was there when he took his first steps. I personally fed him his first peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I dodged his little tiny two-wheeler that he rode around when he was three (withOUT training wheels!) like a miniature madman. I played catch with him until he started throwing too hard.

And now, here he is 21 years later. Property of the USAF in Arizona, slated to serve a tour of duty sometime in the near future. The baby is gone; a man is in its place. I love you, Cody-O.

No comments: