Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hump Day...

Boy, this week is just flying by! There's constant activity here, but I'm not sure anything is newsworthy. I'll give it a try anyway.

I worked out this a.m. I'm trying to keep to a M-W-F or S schedule. This weekend we're going to the Agassiz fair so I'll try to get there on Friday. The wonderful thing about Curves is that you drop in whenever you have time...you don't need to follow their schedul of classes, and it truly is a 30-minute workout. That includes stretching. So if Don has an hour to spare that he can watch the girlies during the day, I can run out and do a workout, and be home within the hour. It's amazing.

Nathan will find out Thursday if he got a part in the school play. Please pray with me that it's a small part. Really small. 4 or 5 lines would be great. He has so much on his plate this term that something's going to have to give...and I'm afraid that memorizing a gazillion lines would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Of course ever-optimistic Nathan isn't concerned!
Dylan continues volleyball try-outs. He'll find out Thursday or Friday a.m. whether or not he made it.

Sean is finally in his permanent class for Grade 6. His teacher is Mr. Thompson, who, unfortunately is not who we hoped he would get. Sean likes him, and is excited with some of the things Mr. T will be teaching them this year (like woodworking) but there is apparently little structure or discipline in the classroom so it's a little too chaotic for Sean to focus. So, he'll have fun, but may not learn as much as if he was in a different environment.

Patience just asked for a nap : ) so of course I put her down! Yesterday she skipped her nap and boy was she unbearable by dinner time!

And Jordyn has a new trick. Not a good one. She loves to try to get up on our fireplace hearth. We try to barricade it with toys but that hardly slows her down! So she gets her hands up there, but her feet are still on the floor. It looks like she's doing a push-up with quite good form...back straight, bum down. The only problem is that if her arms give way, she'll come crashing down, face first, on the bricks. So she kinda starts babbling for help, because she's stuck. So we run over and rescue her, and 2 minutes later, we hear her calling for help again!!!

Sister Valarie is midwifing today for her Corgi, Kady, who is bringing puppies into the world! The last count was 3 males and 1 female, but we're pretty sure she'll be having a couple more (hopefully females!).

Well, so much for Patience's nap! Here she comes down the hallway with all of her blankets over her head...like a little pink ghost. She must think I won't see her if she's hidden. I guess she's officially growing out of naps. Darn. But I'd say she's completely potty-trained! She hasn't had an accident in at least a week. Hooray! Now she can go visit grandma and grandpa!

Well, there are a dozen things I should be doing instead of blogging : ) Maybe I should go be a responsible adult....

I'll come back soon, and post adorable pictures of my amazing children!

No comments: