Monday, October 16, 2006

Cabbage Soup Diet...

Okay, I need to lose some weight. I am, unfortunately, at my all-time non-pregnant high weight. Darn. Apparently you can't eat whatever you want even while breastfeeding. So, in addition to working out at Curves three times/week, I am going to change my eating habits. Here is what I'm doing, so you can keep me accountable : )

I am doing a modified cabbage soup diet. I've never been able to follow it strictly for more than two days, but I think the soup itself is a pretty good way to cut back calorie consumption. I'm going to eat a sensible breakfast, usually cereal and 1 % milk, and I'm going to eat a sensible dinner with an eye on my portion size. In between those meals, I'm only going to eat the soup.

Oh, and because I basically don't like cabbage soup the way it's usually made, I modified that, too, to make it tolerable. I pureed it! It's quite good...almost like tomato soup with some extra flavors added in.

I'll let you know how it goes!
Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there - things will start happening. I'm down .5 lbs after 2 days. I'll take it!

****** said...

Caterina,
My mom and I used to call this soup Bulemic Borscht!! Ha Ha. Best of luck and good for you Pat!