Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I decided Saturday to cook a turkey on Sunday even though it didn't seem like "Thanksgiving season" to me! So yesterday I made turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie! 'Twas a feast! And we have some leftovers. Tonight Don and I are double-teaming dinner...we're making Turkey Elegante crepes, fashioned after the Chicken Elegante crepes I used to order at the Magic Pan. I have a huge pot of turkey stock simmering on the stove...that'll become soups and stews.

While I was in the kitchen, Don was in the Hughes Airwest room finishing up. We now have a light fixture hung, and trim on all the windows and doors. It looks fantastic!

Well, there's really not much else to report from the farm...but I will let you know the minute something exciting happens!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that when we come in November, we'll be bringing you a framed hughes AirWest picture for your AirWest room!

****** said...

The Magic Pan!! I have tried so many times to tell Frank what a "majic" place that was. I just ate at the California Pizza Kitchen that sits in about the same place at the Hillsdale Mall. It just made me sad!! Hugs.