Friday, October 06, 2006

Pancakes!

Last night we had pancakes for supper. Don and Patience ate first, with Jordyn sitting in her high chair at the table with them. Just for fun, Don gave Jordyn a tiny bite of pancake, which she loved. So he kept giving her tiny bites. I was getting all excited that maybe we'd move straight to table food and skip the baby food stage. More tiny bites into her little open bird mouth. Then it was my turn to eat, so I sit down by Jordyn who is still in the market for more bites of pancake. As I'm holding up a bite for her, she sees it and spits out the bite that was currently in her mouth! I look into her lap, and sure enough, there are about 40 little sucked-on pancake bites! She was sucking the butter and syrup out of them, and then spitting them out! I guess the babyfood stage will last awhile longer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a smart little girlie - suck out all the good stuff, and spit out the carbs! Of course, that will change, soon enough! I bet that Patience liked having pancakes for dinner!
Have a great Friday!