Sunday, October 22, 2006

Jordyn Makes Crepes!



Daddy is making crepes for dinner and he's letting Jordyn "help." You can't really see it in this picture, but her hand is in the mixing bowl feeling the flour. He's since decided that it's much harder to make crepes with Jordyn's help, so she's now back on the floor where she belongs. Actually, she's going to bed because, as you can see from the picture, her eyes are a little bleary.

The girls and I went to church today for the first time in a L-O-N-G time and Jordyn did just fine in the nursery. I went in at about noon and she was just about collapsed on the floor from exhaustion, as she didn't get her morning nap and she was up since 6:30 or so. But she didn't cry when I left her there!

I was little nervous about leaving Patience in there because, while she's very reliable toilet-wise, she also always has a toilet handy, and there isn't one in the nursery. So I went in mid-sermon and took her to the bathroom, and then again toward the end. I didn't want an accident!

Tonight we're all going into Langley to get Halloween costume stuff, some paint for the stairs, and a light fixture for the mud room. That room is very nearly complete. Don has the whole thing primed and the ceiling painted. I chose a nice color called "Naturally Calm" for the walls, which he'll paint tomorrow hopefully.

Today was a beautiful, sunny day here. Don and the kids worked outside for awhile after lunch and I had a "piece of quiet," and then I had a nice phone call from my mom! Lucky me : )

Okay, I'm off to pick up toys : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She does look a little bleary eyed, doesn't she? And she's wearing that cute little gymboree dress! It's great that all those cute little outfits get to go around again!
You'll have to post pictures of everyone in their Halloween finery. I can't wait to see what Patience wants to be. Kelsey always wanted to be a "sparkly princess", well, for several years anyway! The downstairs looks amazing! What a transformation! It's a great "boyland" now! What does Storm think of all those rooms? I guess his favorite spot was always by the wood stove, which, I guess, is now in the mudroom?
Love you!!