Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A Quiet Wednesday Morning...


Here are the girlies playing on the kitchen floor. Patience has the coveted Barbie Dollie and Jordyn has a Cheerio that she found on the floor!

Jordyn seems to be coming down with a cold. She's been so healthy, but on Sunday she was in the church nursery for 90 minutes and now she has a cough and a runny nose! Grrrr... I know in theory it's better if she gets sick now and again, that it'll boost her immunity system, blah, blah, blah, but for right now it's wreaking havoc with my sleep schedule! I was up with her three times last night. I rocked her, gave her a bottle, and she went back to sleep at 11. At one, I gave her some more bottle and some Tylenol Cough/Cold medicine (thanks, Mom!). At 4:45, I repeated the 1 o'clock routine. At 6:00, Dylan and Nathan were up showering and having breakfast. Ugh...

The really good news is that Don painted the mudroom last night (I pleaded) and it looks fantastic. It looks like coffee with the perfect amount of cream! He's going to do one more coat (more pleading, I imagine!) and then the trim will finish it! Yeah!!! And to celebrate, he's lit the first fire of the season this morning. I love the smell and the feel of a wood fire.

Sadly, our VCR finally bit the dust after I don't know how many years and countless videos. I think I'm going to venture out today and try to pick up a VCR/DVD combo for the girlies' t.v. Maybe I'll see if Waneta wants to go...there's safety in numbers!

The boys are incredibly busy with drama, volleyball, cadets, school, and whatnot. I'm basically at home enjoying the babies, and venturing out just to be a chauffeur when they boys need rides! So my life isn't nearly as busy as theirs are!

The modified cabbage soup diet is working for me. I've lost about 4 pounds, which is pretty good considering I'm getting two totally undiet meals each day! I still like the soup, and made a new batch this past weekend. Speaking of breakfast, I think it's time for me to eat!

More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can see that little Barbie is a big hit! Don and Patience will have to have another "date" and get a second one!
Poor Jordyn - she clearly got exposed to germs on Sunday - just about the right amount of "incubate" time. It's so hard when babies are all stuffy and can't breathe. Give her hugs and kisses for me.
Sorry to hear about your VCR, but it really did last for a long time, especially when you consider the fact of mainly "kid operation". Let me know what you find in a combo VCR/DVD - I haven't seen any of those. Hopefully Waneta will want to go bye-bye, too!
Have a great day. Hugs and kisses to all!