Monday, October 30, 2006

Good Monday Morning!

Well, here we are at the dawn of another week!

As I sit and write, my younger daughter is sleeping soundly and my older daughter is trying to convince me that I should open a package of cookies for her! We should have called her Persistence...

The boys are all in school right now, although I will Sean's sunny little face at lunchtime. The weather is cold and clear, perfect for a brisk bike ride during the lunch hour! Dylan stays after for volleyball practice today and Nathan has drama practice.

Don is off site at a client's all day, so it's relatively quiet at the homefront. This weekend Don painted parts of the mudroom floor (strategic parts so he could put down trim and still walk around in there), and that project is quickly coming to an end! Yeah!

Sean, for some unexplainable reason, is now intrigued with "spring cleaning." I have no idea where he even heard the term, but he made me promise that we could do some spring cleaning when he came home from school today, and that I wouldn't clean the bathroom before he came home! He's going to make one heck of a husband some day! ; )

Jordyn is getting quite tall and quite capable. Just this morning, she used the kitchen chair to get into a standing position, and then reached up as far as she could, to reach Patience's cereal bowl, which she the proceded to spill all over the kitchen floor! Thank the Lord that Patience has just recently gone through a "cereal without milk" phase! So it wasn't a real mess. And besides, JoJo then proceded to clean it up by eating all of the Honeycomb that had just fallen! Yes, it's obvious that she's #5...not only do I let my 8.5 month old eat Honeycomb, I'm grateful that she's doing it so I don't have to clean it up. Sheeesh...

Well, I'm off to do something. Not sure what yet, but there are many options.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See - never a dull moment, huh? Well, first of all, I'm sure that Seans intrigue with spring cleaning will vanish as quickly as it came! But, it will be another skill that he has and can use when required! That is such a hoot!

And I'm quite certain that Jordyn thought she'd hit the jackpot when honeycomb cereal came raining down! I suspect that "capable" is a term that is going to fit her quite nicely. I forgot to tell you that when Lee was in AUS, he was showing Andy and Linda your blog, specifically the picture of Jordyn right after her hair cut, and as soon as Andy saw it, the first thing he said was "that's Pat!" So, I guess that she does look like me : ).
Have a great day and a grand and glorious week! Hugs and kisses all around!

****** said...

After all, I do think it takes persistence to be Patient, don't you?