Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A lesson in "sweet"

Did you know that clothing comes not only in sizes, but also in "sweet" or not? I learned that last night, when Dylan complained that he didn't have any "sweet" clothes! "Sweet" is what cool used to be, way back when I was his age. Dylan has had quite a growth spurt these past few months. He's now the second-tallest person in our family! He's thin, and he has really long arms....just like his dad at 14, I'm sure. So it wasn't unreasonable that he should get some new clothes.

So, back to "sweet." Dylan, Patience, and I headed off to Value Village. We looked at all their shirts in his size, and I learned which ones were "sweet." I'd hold one up. "Sweet..." (into the cart). Another. "Not sweet..." (back on the rack). By the time we had 6 or 7 shirts in the cart, I was getting the hang of it! I even had a streak of three "sweet" shirts by the end! So, Dylan is now the proud owner of a dozen new "sweet" shirts. Apparently his jeans were already "sweet," so we didn't need to go down that aisle!

Oh, he also got a pair of white leather high-tops for gym, several binders, and new pjs. Gotta love Value Village...we walked out of there $100 poorer (or less rich) and now my son is wearing "sweet" shirts.

Sweet....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a very successful shopping trip, AND you had a lesson in "sweet" clothing! Can't wait to see what's "sweet". And you are right - you can't beat Value Village! Were the shirts he got button shirts, or long-sleeved t-shirts?

Love you!

****** said...

At least they aren't "sick". That's the new word here. :-)